2020 Class of 1975 Event is Canceled.
With growing classmate concerns about our reunion this fall with regards to social distancing, wearing a mask, restaurant restrictions (no mingling, everyone needs to remain seated), and travel, the reunion committee has made the difficult decision to CANCEL Saturday night’s September 26, 2020 event at Flyboy’s Deli.
Like it or not, we are all in the vulnerable age of 60+ years and with the possibility of a virus ramp up at the same time the flu season starts, our first priority is to keep everyone safe and healthy. Please see details below for activities that are still currently planned for Homecoming & Reunion Weekend. This site will be updated as information is made available.
It is a tremendous disappointment not to be able see everyone this year! However, before you know it, 2025 will be here and time to really celebrate at our 50 year reunion! Please stay healthy!
Reunion Committee Members: Tami and Jim Whalen, Robbie Thornhill & Meg Holmes
Homecoming & Reunion Weekend Schedule
FRIDAY, SEPT. 25
- Booster Tailgate, 5:30 p.m. - held on Schantz Ave. at the Alumni Plaza.
- Varsity Football Game, 7 p.m. - Mack Hummon Stadium
- Come Back Lumberjacks party, 8 to 11 p.m. - hosted by the Oakwood Schools Foundation, free admittance, game attire.
SATURDAY, SEPT. 26
- Tours of OHS, 10 a.m. - meet on the Alumni Plaza to relive the good ol' days, see what's changed, and what has stayed the same. A great time!
- Self-guided tours of Smith and Harman schools, 2 to 4 p.m. - the elementary schools will be open for you to roam the halls.
Click here to update your contact information, ensuring we can stay in touch! Add your activities as well to be included in any special Oakwood Alumni events or communications.
MISSING CLASSMATE INFO
We are missing contact info for the following classmates. If you have info to share, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.