Oakwood Athletic Boosters
The purpose of the Oakwood Athletic Boosters Association is:
- To assist and cooperate with the Athletic Department, School Administration and Board of Education in their role of encouraging, promoting and improving the quality of Athletic programs (intramural, interscholastic, and physical education) in the Oakwood Schools.
- To provide assistance in upgrading, furnishing and adding to the existing facilities and equipment for the athletic programs at the schools.
- To develop a greater interest and unity between the parents, students, administration and community in the athletic programs.To promote and encourage school spirit, team spirit, loyalty and sportsmanship.
- To promote such other school activities as the Board of Directors of the Association shall approve from time to time.
- To encourage the adherence to and the importance of the Athletic Code of Conduct.
WHAT: The Oakwood Athletic Boosters invites you to the Spring Fundraiser April 6 from 7-10 p.m. at the Oakwood Community Center.
- A massive, once-a-year, celebration
- The main fundraising event of the year for Oakwood Athletic Boosters to raise funds to support all our Oakwood School’s athletes
- Includes a Live DJ, Unparalleled Silent Auction and Raffles
- ALL food and beverages are included in the ticket price
WHY: Oakwood Athletic Boosters raises funds to support Oakwood sports. This is the group's primary fundraising event of the year. Funds raised from this event have paid for such items as:
- Cardio equipment for fitness room
- Tennis court windscreens
- Football tackling sled
- Pole vault & high jump pits & covers
- Athletic warmups and uniforms
- Baseball and softball scoreboards
- Softball hitting net
- Cheerleading Block O flag & pole
- Upgrades to sound system in The Pit
- Boys & girls' basketball shooting gun
- Track hurdles & starting blocks
- Field Hockey goals
- Lane Stadium sideline benches
- Lane Stadium team room benches
- Lane Stadium taping/treatment table
- Wrestling mat
This is a unique opportunity to support Oakwood’s young athletes while having a great time and maybe coming home with some fantastic auction items.
- Has a child playing Oakwood high school sports
- Will have a child playing Oakwood high school sports
- Knows/Loves a child playing Oakwood sports (Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, etc.)
- Attends Oakwood sporting events
- Is part of the Oakwood community
- Likes to have a good time with their neighbors
- Is age 21 and older
HOW: It’s easy!
Step 1 – Buy your tickets online. Tickets are $35 per person (again, includes all food and beverages)
(Once you register, Qtego will send you two text messages to the phone number you registered with bidding instructions for that evening)
If you cannot attend but would still like to participate in the auction, you may do so by buying your tickets and registering your phone and credit card. Auction items can be seen on your computer or mobile device – you can bid in absentia.
WHEN: Saturday, April 6 from 7:00-10:00 p.m.
WHERE: The Oakwood Community Center
If you have any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope to see you April!
Go Jacks and Jills
President – Mike Hapgood
President Elect – Eileen Epley
Treasurer – David Eldridge
Secretary – Darcy Plunkett
Past President – Mike Haverland
Athletic Director – Laura Connor
Oakwood Athletic Boosters Association
1200 Far Hills Ave.
Oakwood, OH 45419
You can get the latest Lumberjack Spirit Wear at all home football games and at various school and community events.
Our next event: Clearance Sale
May 3 10 a.m. OHS auditorium lobby
We will be there until everything is gone!
In 2018, we sold out in three hours!
Here's a sample of some of the items for sale this year.