DAA Nomination Form
OAKWOOD HIGH SCHOOL
DISTINGUISHED ALUMNUS AWARD
Recognition as a distinguished alumnus shall be limited to those individuals, living or deceased, who have attended or graduated from Oakwood High School no fewer than 15 years previous to the nomination and have made significant accomplishments in one or both of the following areas while maintaining high standards in personal integrity and character:
- an outstanding leader in his/her field
- service to his/her community through local, state, national, or international organizations
Name of Nominee: ____________________________________
Class Year: ____________________________________
In order to be considered by the Nominating Committee, the following information must be included:
- Cover letter explaining why you feel this person is worthy of consideration for induction.
- Description of career and professional achievements.
- List of volunteer and philanthropic activities.
- Recognition and awards received from local, state, national, and/or international organizations since graduating from Oakwood High School.
- At least one letter from an individual other than the nominator supporting a nominee is required.
Name of Nominator: _______________________________
Phone Number: _______________________________
Relation to Nominee (if any) _______________________________
*** DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS – May 1 of each year ***
Mail or drop off to: Oakwood Board of Education
Attn: Distinguished Alumnus Nominating Committee
20 Rubicon Road
Dayton, OH 45409
Questions: Please call (937) 298-8711 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org