Young@Art 2022 was a resounding success! The OHS Jazz Band, Synergy/Anthem, 6th grade band and more groups performed for the more than 500 attendees. The impressive student art lining the hallways wowed attendees. Young@Art raises funds for the Oakwood Fine Arts Boosters' Teacher Grants Fund which benefits arts programming throughout Oakwood Schools.
Congratulations to the cast and crew of OHS' productions of The Wizard of Oz and Clue!
Young@Art 2021 is available on the Oakwood Fine Arts Booster YouTube channel! Enjoy 30 videos/clips of student groups and 25+ individual performance videos along with art slideshows.
It's a wonderful opportunity to celebrate the talent of Oakwood students.
FAB is a group of parents who deeply value the role of arts education in helping young people become all they can be. FAB supports visual and performing arts education for Oakwood schools students of all ages via our Teacher Grants Fund and our annual Young@Art event.
Recently, FAB was thrilled to fund the following grants:
Ukeleles for Harman and Smith music classes
Cyclorama for the OHS auditorium stage for Theatre
Wireless microphones for OHS/OJH A Cappella groups
Personal amplification devices for Smith and Harman art and music teachers during pandemic
Recording equipment for A Capella Choirs during pandemic
Tech expenses to Lumberjack Theatre for Disney's High School Musical , recorded during the pandemic
Video switcher to Broadcast Journalism for Broadcast Studio project
Camera accessories for Digital Media
Field commander podiums for Band
Large format printer for Visual Arts
Student art display cabinet for Lange
Cellos for Orchestra
Travel expenses for Speech & Debate nationals
Tax deductible donations made throughout the year go to our Teacher Grants Fund at the Dayton Foundation. Sponsorships and ticket sales for Young@Art are the primary source of funds and all donations made to OFAB at any time will be recognized as Young@Art sponsorships. OFAB (formerly the Oakwood Arts Bridge) has funded more than $55,000 of grants for arts programming since 2012. Recently, FAB was thrilled to fund the following grants:
- Ukeleles for Harman and Smith music classes
- Cyclorama for the OHS auditorium stage
- Wireless microphones for OHS/OJH A Cappella groups
- Marching Band Field Commander Podiums
- Camera Accessories for the OHS Journalism Department
- Creation of a place to display art at Lange School
- A new, large-format poster printer for the art department, in partnership with OSF
- Speech & Debate Nationals Event Fees
- Followspot spotlight for the OHS auditorium
- OHS Marching Band Drumline equipment, in partnership with the Band Boosters
- Elementary Band master classes for brass and woodwinds
- 2 new cellos for grades 6 - 12 orchestra program
- Partial funding for permanent art installation at Lane Stadium, created by Suzanne Ley and OHS art and engineering students
- Reusable table coverings for Smith Elementary art shows
- See the full list of grants given
Oakwood Fine Arts Boosters is a component fund of The Dayton Foundation. Click the DONATE button above, if you are interested in giving a donation. The link will take you to The Dayton Foundation.
Oakwood Schools K-12 teachers and arts advisors may request funding for enrichment activities and equipment to enhance visual and performing arts educational offerings in our school system. FAB accepts grants requests year-round and meets frequently to review requests. For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the current president.
President - Manda Heid
Vice President - Brent Beck
Secretary - Jill Patton
Treasurer - Molly Kash
Past President - Amy Askins
Graphic Design Guru: Brent Beck
Band: Kristie Fischer
Orchestra: Susan Choi
Chorus: Laura Weaver
Theatre: Amy Askins
Visual Arts: Megan Smith
Speech & Debate: Ali Davis
Digital Media: Jennifer Almoney
Harman: Chrys Morrissey
Smith: Heather Jackson