You can support Oakwood students and staff through the Oakwood Fine Arts Boosters! Consider donating to our Teachers Grants Fund via the Dayton Foundation - all proceeds go to enhance arts programming in our schools.
For more performances, visit the Chorus page.
A special treat from the Jazz Band! Here's the talented group performing a tune written by Band Director Adam Uhlenhake, featuring solos from Parker Waller, Scott Caley and Charlie Kash.
The Oakwood Fine Arts Boosters are making a difference by supporting Oakwood teachers! FAB provided funding for these microphones so teachers could continue to provide meaningful instruction and keep students and staff safe!
FAB is a group of parents who deeply value the role of arts education in helping young people become all they can be. FAB supports visual and performing arts education for Oakwood schools students of all ages via our Teacher Grants Fund and our annual Young@Art event.
Recently, FAB was thrilled to fund the following grants:
Personal amplification devices for Smith and Harman art and music teachers during pandemic
Recording equipment for A Capella Choirs during pandemic
Tech expenses to Lumberjack Theatre for Disney's High School Musical , recorded during the pandemic
Video switcher to Broadcast Journalism for Broadcast Studio project
Camera accessories for Digital Media
Field commander podiums for Band
Large format printer for Visual Arts
Student art display cabinet for Lange
Instruments for elementary music classes
Stage combat workshop/choreography for Theatre
Cellos for Orchestra
Travel expenses for Speech & Debate nationals
Choir robes for Chorus
Young@Art is an exhilarating evening of live and visual art on the stages and in the hallways of OHS.
We are so bummed that 2020's event was canceled due to the Coronavirus situation. Enjoy this slideshow which highlights some of the amazing student art from the canceled event.
We are so grateful to all of the contributing teachers and students, our generous sponsors, and our volunteers involved with 2020's event.
Tax deductible donations made throughout the year go to our Teacher Grants fund. Sponsorships and ticket sales for Young@Art are the primary source of our funds and all donations of $100 and above made will be recognized as Young@Art sponsorships. Since 2018 alone, FAB grants totaling more than $20,000 have included:
- Marching Band Field Commander Podiums
- Camera Accessories for the OHS Journalism Department
- Theatre Combat class for OJHS & OHS students
- Creation of a place to display art at Lange School
- A new, large-format poster printer for the art department, in partnership with OSF
- Speech & Debate Nationals Event Fees
- Followspot spotlight for the OHS auditorium
- New musical instruments for Harman School, in partnership with the Harman PTO
- OHS Marching Band Drumline equipment, in partnership with the Band Boosters
- Elementary Band master classes for brass and woodwinds
- 2 new cellos for grades 6 - 12 orchestra program
- Partial funding for permanent art installation at Lane Stadium, created by Suzanne Ley and OHS art and engineering students
- Reusable table coverings for Smith Elementary art shows
- 20 new choir robes for OHS choral department
- See the full list of grants given
Oakwood Fine Arts Boosters is a component fund of The Dayton Foundation. Click the DONATE button above, if you are interested in giving a donation. The link will take you to The Dayton Foundation.
Oakwood Schools K-12 teachers and arts advisors may request funding for enrichment activities and equipment to enhance visual and performing arts educational offerings in our school system. FAB accepts grants requests year-round and meets frequently to review requests. For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the current president.
President - Amy Askins
Vice President - Manda Heid
Secretary - Erin Pryor
Treasurer - Molly Kash
Past President - Jen Enseleit
Graphic Design Guru: Brent Beck
Member at Large: Ali Davis, Trisha Greear
Band: Meredith Spitzmiller
Orchestra: Toni Brenner
Chorus: Laura Weaver
Theatre: Valerie Claggett
Visual Arts: Tricia Bauer and Deb Housh
Speech & Debate: Tim and Jill Patton
Digital Media: Open
Harman: Susan Choi
Smith: Molly Kash