We are the Oakwood fine arts boosters!
Founded as Oakwood Arts Bridge 10 years ago and renamed in 2019 as the Oakwood Fine Arts Boosters, Oakwood FAB supports performing and visual arts education for students of all ages in the Oakwood Schools district. With our teacher grant fund, we support opportunities for students involved in:
- Speech and Debate
- Theatre and Drama
- Visual Arts
- Creative Writing
- Media Production
Please contact us if you are an Oakwood community member and would like to become involved in the Oakwood FAB. To stay up to date with our activities, follow us on Facebook.
Each year, Oakwood Fine Arts Boosters celebrates the visual and performing arts in Oakwood Schools with Young@Art.
This year's event was canceled due to guidelines limiting mass gatherings.
Here's a look at some of the art that would have been on display at the Friday, March 13 event.
Thank you sponsors!
Thanks to generous donors and rising attendance at our signature event, Young@Art, over $20,000 has been awarded to help fund teacher grants to enrich our students' experience just since 2018. These grants have included:
- Marching Band Field Commander Podiums
- Camera Accessories for the OHS Journalism Department
- Theatre Combat class for OJHS & OHS students
- Creation of a place to display art at Lange School
- A new, large-format poster printer for the art department, in partnership with OSF
- Speech & Debate Nationals Event Fees
- Followspot spotlight for the OHS auditorium
- New musical instruments for Harman School, in partnership with the Harman PTO
- OHS Marching Band Drumline equipment, in partnership with the Band Boosters
- Elementary Band master classes for brass and woodwinds
- 2 new cellos for grades 6 - 12 orchestra program
- Partial funding for permanent art installation at Lane Stadium, created by Suzanne Ley and OHS art and engineering students
- Reusable table coverings for Smith Elementary art shows
- 20 new choir robes for OHS choral department
- See the full list of grants given
Oakwood Fine Arts Boosters is a component fund of The Dayton Foundation. Donations go directly to our grants fund, which supports Oakwood Schools K-12 teacher grant requests.
Click the DONATE button above, if you are interested in giving a donation. The link will take you to The Dayton Foundation.
Oakwood Schools K-12 teachers may request grant money to support visual and performing arts related endeavors. Oakwood FAB accepts grant requests year-round, but only meets to assess requests every one to two months. Please send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or contact current OAB President.
Teachers may access the request form at Oakwood Fine Arts Booster Grant Request
President - Jen Enseleit email@example.com
Vice President - Amy Askins
Secretary - Melissa Wolcott
Treasurer - Sarah Morgan
Past President - Krista Caley
Member At Large - Carrie Dalrymple
Graphic Design - Brent Beck
Sales Coordinator - Jennifer Makkas Young@Art Chair(s) - Jen Enseleit and Amy Askins
Banner Sales Coordinator - Jennifer Makkas
Band - Open
Choir - Manda Heid
Creative Writing - Open
Media Production - Open
Orchestra - Toni Brenner
Speech & Debate - Stephanie Soller
Theatre - Valerie Claggett
Visual Arts - Tricia Bauer
Harman - Susan Choi
Smith - Laura Weaver
Alumni/Community - Leigh Ann Fulford