On Monday, Nov. 11, Harman School will host a breakfast in honor of Veterans Day from 7:30-8:20 a.m. in the cafeteria. All veterans and their families are encouraged to attend.
If you plan to attend, please RSVP below. Thank you.
The Harman Garden Committee Needs You!
Garden Clean Up
Join us for the final Garden Clean Up of the year Saturday, Oct. 26 anytime between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. Please RSVP on Sign Up Genius so we know you're planning on attending.
ADOPT A SPOT
Use your green thumb to help beautify the Harman School grounds.
Small areas of the grounds have been identified for the new “Adopt the Spot” program. Volunteers who adopt a spot will help maintain their “spot” during the school year. Adopt a Spot is a great way for groups, clubs and families to give back to Harman School. Please sign up using Sign Up Genius at:
Questions? Please contact Katy Dalrymple for more information!
It is not too late to join the Harman PTO and become involved!
Would you like to volunteer and help with your children’s school? The Harman School PTO has many different ways and times to do that! We greatly appreciate all of your help!
1. Harman Trivia Night, (Save the Date for Saturday, Nov. 16!), Harman PTO’s largest (and super fun) fundraiser, is looking for more people to help our committee chairs put on a great event! Contact Cate Berger, 2019 Harman Trivia Night Chair, at 937-789-8733.
2. The Harman Workroom is looking for volunteers to help. You can work just 1 hour or as many hours as you would like! It is a great way to spend time inside Harman during school and get to know the staff. Go to our sign up genius site to volunteer in the workroom.
3. Hospitality! This PTO committee does refreshments for the Harman Holiday Assemblies on Friday, Dec. 13. They would love your help! Send an email to email@example.com.
4. Harman Cafeteria! This is a fun and easy way to become involved. You can do a little or a lot! All you do is serve food to the students, then, you have the opportunity to visit with your child after all lunch is served. Go to our sign up genius site to volunteer in the Harman Cafeteria.
DLM Good Neighbor
Support the Harman PTO with the DLM Good Neighbor Program. Please take a moment to enroll. DLM enrollment needs to be updated each calendar year, so please make sure you are enrolled each year.
Box Tops for Education is changing!
Don’t forget to download the Box Tops for Education App and start scanning your grocery receipts. It’s quick and easy to do. Also, please send in any box tops you have collected during the summer for the fall mailing. The Box Tops box is at the top of the stairs by the office.
Amazon Smiles is an easy way to donate to Harman PTO. Just follow these steps:
- Visit smile.amazon.com (amazon.com and Amazon mobile purchases do not apply-you must be on the amazon smile page)
- Choose Harman School PTO from the charity list
- Select any item marked “Eligible for Amazon Smile”
- Proceed to checkout. Five percent of the price of the eligible item will be given to the PTO
Members at Large
Laura Woeste, Kelly Teemer
Plan to join us at our Open Meeting Thursday, Nov. 7 at 6:30 p.m. in the Harman auditorium.
The topic is Privacy, Security & Online Reputation: Making Good Choices for You and Your Kids.
Scot Ganow will present on the basic principles and latest developments in the law and technology to enable you to make informed choices for you and your family. In this interactive, practical and enlightening session, Scot will discuss numerous topics impacting both children and parents, including:
- “PRIVACY 101”
- The law and its limits
- Information security
- Social media
- Mobile Devices & Apps
- Cyberbullying and Online Reputation
- Internet of Things
Scot is an Oakwood parent and an attorney in the Dayton office of Taft Stettinius & Hollister, where he co-chairs the firm’s Privacy and Data Security Practice. He is also a Certified Information Privacy Professional and presents and writes extensively on the topics of privacy, security and online reputation management.
Executive Board meetings are held the first Thursday of each month at 6:30 p.m.
Follow us on the Harman School PTO Facebook!