Oakwood Schools Foundation enhances excellence in education by facilitating grants, scholarships and special projects to benefit students of the Oakwood Schools. The Foundation was created for the sole purpose of accepting, investing, managing and disbursing private, charitable gifts.
The Oakwood Schools Foundation Mission Statement
- Oakwood Schools Foundation (OSF) has been supporting Oakwood Schools since its’ founding in 1989. To date, more than $900,000 has been disbursed from OSF to enhance excellence in education in Oakwood Schools.
- OSF has 501(c)(3) charitable organization status as a component fund of The Dayton Foundation, as well as access to its numerous nonprofit resources. This partnership results in significant cost savings for OSF.
- OSF is not supported by tax dollars. It is supported entirely by private donations from alumni, community members and local businesses.
- OSF partners with Oakwood Schools in supporting the district’s strategic goals.
- Oakwood Schools are supported by state funding and local tax support. Generous private donations for OSF enhance this public support to maximize educational opportunities. This public/private partnership takes the impact of Oakwood Schools’ resources to the next level.
- Private donations to OSF enhance the work of Oakwood Schools in the areas of:
- Student scholarships and awards, such as the Entrepreneurship Competition
- Special grants for teachers and staff
- Multi-disciplinary projects
- Classroom enhancements
- Special programs, such as Philanthropy 101
- Facility improvements, such as updates to school playgrounds