APPLYING FOR A GRANT
Application for Fall 2021 Grants are open.
When can I apply for a grant?
OSF awards grants annually in the fall and spring. Fall grants support projects or programs in the current calendar school year, while spring grants support projects or programs in the current school year or the following school year.
When will I be notified if my grant request was approved?
Typically grant recipients are notified 30 days after the grant application closes.
How do I apply?
Grant applications must be submitted online. Prior to applying, you must have approval from Curriculum Director Kimbe Lange, your building principal, and, if related to technology, Technology Coordinator Matt Sproat.
What types of grants projects are funded?
The OSF currently gives higher priority to grant requests such as:
- Creative programs or projects;
- Extraordinary educational opportunities;
- Collaborative programs and projects between teachers, grade levels, schools, etc;
- Programs that impact a large number of students;
- Programs that support the mission of Oakwood Schools;
- "Seed" money for new programs or model projects;
- Innovative Projects that fall under the following areas of concentration: STEM (science, technology, engineering and math), Literacy, Practical and Fine Arts, Social Studies, Languages, Special Education, resource materials, supplies, equipment or software
Grants may be used to purchase tangible items; however, once purchased these items become the property of Oakwood Schools.
What are examples of past grant-funded projects?
To see a list of previous grants, visit out Grants Awarded webpage.