APPLYING FOR A GRANT
Applications for winter grants will open in december 2021
When can I apply for a grant?
OSF awards grants annually in the fall and spring. Fall grants support projects or programs in the current calendar school year, while spring grants support projects or programs in the current school year or the following school year.
When will I be notified if my grant request was approved?
Typically grant recipients are notified 30 days after the grant application closes.
How do I apply?
Grant applications must be submitted online. Prior to applying, you must have approval from Curriculum Director Kimbe Lange, your building principal, and, if related to technology, Technology Coordinator Matt Sproat.
What types of grants projects are funded?
The OSF currently gives higher priority to grant requests such as:
- Creative programs or projects;
- Extraordinary educational opportunities;
- Collaborative programs and projects between teachers, grade levels, schools, etc;
- Programs that impact a large number of students;
- Programs that support the mission of Oakwood Schools;
- "Seed" money for new programs or model projects;
- Innovative Projects that fall under the following areas of concentration: STEM (science, technology, engineering and math), Literacy, Practical and Fine Arts, Social Studies, Languages, Special Education, resource materials, supplies, equipment or software
Grants may be used to purchase tangible items; however, once purchased these items become the property of Oakwood Schools.
What are examples of past grant-funded projects?
Grants have been used to purchase large format poster printers, in-class presentations from Boonshoft Museum, the Raptor Center at Glen Helen, and the Newport Aquarium, to purchase, Kindle eReaders, purchase a salt water aquarium, invest in bon lab kits for forensics anthropology, and to fund the participation bone lab kits (2019), giant Ohio map (2019), in-class presentation from Newport Aquarium, and to enhance learning through new technology such as unmanned aerial systems, robotics, and even the competition in robotic tech competition. To see a list of previous grants, visit out Grants Awarded webpage.