South Connection Enrichment program
Provides supervised activities for K-6 students throughout the school year and during the summer.
Contact us at South Connection:
219 W. Dorothy Lane
Dayton, Ohio 45429
Contact hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Tax ID# 31-6000910
Fall 2023-2024 Registration was completed April 10, 2023. To be added to the Fall 2023 - 2024 wait list:
- Complete the Wait List Form
- First and last name of student, email and phone number
- Complete the second form in the pop up
- Information regarding days and times requested will be needed to complete registration
Each entry will be time stamped and program openings will be filled in regards to the list generated by the data collected.
You will be notified if a spot becomes available. New names may be added to the waitlist by using the link until March 2024. At that time, the list will be reset and the process will begin again for the following school year.
To enroll more than one student, please submit a form for each child. However, the time stamp for the first submission will be used for the entire family.
Mrs. Katie Jolliff-Smith, Program Manager
Mrs. Carolyn Wiedeman, Team Leader
Mrs. Mary Lanthorn
Ms. Ali Bowers
Mrs. Jessie Cervantes-Babin
Mrs. Lindsey Cota
Mr. Nolan Frisk
Ms. Lily Knorr
Ms. Rachel Martin
Ms. Clara Minardi
Ms. Tori Minda
Ms. Zoe Sulfridge
Mrs. Jayne Whitaker
- Oakwood Schools closed ----------------- South Connection closed
- Oakwood Schools on a 1-hour delay --------- South Connection opens at 8 a.m.
- Oakwood Schools on a 2-hour delay --------- South Connection opens at 9 a.m.
South Connection believes:
- That each child is unique
- That elementary school-age children should have a healthy and safe after-school experience
- That a structured, enriched environment enhances a child’s emotional and developmental growth
- That parent-school-community cooperation is essential for healthy child development
- That children need opportunities to explore and learn in a variety of settings
- That a child’s sense of security is enhanced by adult attention and supervision
- That a child’s self-esteem develops through positive experiences with adults and other children
- That each child needs age appropriate opportunities to develop problem solving and decision-making skills
- That children learn in varied ways from many life experiences and that exposure to a wide age range of people, multi-generational, is actually beneficial
Goals and Objectives
1. To provide a safe, nurturing environment for elementary-age children
2. To give children a chance to relax and renew their energies by means of exercises and activities designed toward this end
3. To provide a wide variety of activities in which children can be involved
4. To provide opportunities for children to make choices about activities, practice being responsible, and use problem solving skills
5. To provide appropriate physical activities to channel children’s energies and strengthen their bodies
6. To introduce children to experiences in arts, crafts, music, drama, and nature and help them develop their own creativity
7. To enhance the child’s feeling of self-esteem
8. To facilitate the development of each child’s social skills and encourage treating everyone with kindness and respect
9. To provide opportunities for children to develop relationships with adults and other children