South Connection Enrichment program
Provides supervised activities for K-6 students throughout the school year and during the summer.
Contact us at South Connection:
219 W. Dorothy Lane
Dayton, Ohio 45429
Contact hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Tax ID# 31-6000910
- Operating hours: 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Starting days:
- Harman & Smith Friday, Aug. 19, 2022
- Lange Monday, Aug. 22, 2022
- $10 nonrefundable registration fee for before-school care
- $40 nonrefundable registration fee for after-school care
- Fees must be paid by cash or check and returned with the paper registration forms
We are pleased to announce our fees have not been raised and we are offering a 3-day or 5-day option for the fall program.
- 5 days of care is $40 for before school and $80 for after school, per week, per child.
- 3 days of care is $24 for before school and $48 for after school per week, per child.
Part-time students must specify which 3 days they are applying for and will need to adhere to that schedule unless room becomes available on other days. There will be no free personal vacation weeks during the school year except those scheduled on the Oakwood School calendar. We do not accept doctor excuses because staffing and transportation expenses do not change because of student absences.
Your set tuition reserves your scheduled days in the program.
Weekly fees are due by Friday each week even if your child is absent for any reason.
- Breakfast and snacks are included in regular fees
- Families may need to supply food for children with allergies
- Children should bring their own lunches on extended days.
- School closings:
- If Oakwood Schools is closed for a calamity day, South Connection will also be closed.
- South Connection will be open during some school break days and teacher inservice days
- Fees: $35 per day, per child
Christy Smith, Program Manager
Katie Jolliff-Smith, Team Leader
- Oakwood Schools closed ----------------- South Connection closed
- Oakwood Schools on a 1-hour delay --------- South Connection opens at 8 a.m.
- Oakwood Schools on a 2-hour delay --------- South Connection opens at 9 a.m.
South Connection believes:
- That each child is unique
- That elementary school-age children should have a healthy and safe after-school experience
- That a structured, enriched environment enhances a child’s emotional and developmental growth
- That parent-school-community cooperation is essential for healthy child development
- That children need opportunities to explore and learn in a variety of settings
- That a child’s sense of security is enhanced by adult attention and supervision
- That a child’s self-esteem develops through positive experiences with adults and other children
- That each child needs age appropriate opportunities to develop problem solving and decision-making skills
- That children learn in varied ways from many life experiences and that exposure to a wide age range of people, multi-generational, is actually beneficial
Goals and Objectives
1. To provide a safe, nurturing environment for elementary-age children
2. To give children a chance to relax and renew their energies by means of exercises and activities designed toward this end
3. To provide a wide variety of activities in which children can be involved
4. To provide opportunities for children to make choices about activities, practice being responsible, and use problem solving skills
5. To provide appropriate physical activities to channel children’s energies and strengthen their bodies
6. To introduce children to experiences in arts, crafts, music, drama, and nature and help them develop their own creativity
7. To enhance the child’s feeling of self-esteem
8. To facilitate the development of each child’s social skills and encourage treating everyone with kindness and respect
9. To provide opportunities for children to develop relationships with adults and other children