Summer 2018 Vital Information
YOU MUST USE OUR PHONE NUMBER (937)-643-9314 TO BE SURE WE GET MESSAGES. DO NOT HIT REDIAL ON YOUR PHONE OR YOUR CALL WILL GO TO THE LANGE OFFICE.
- Children will ride the Kettering bus to and from the field trips. Parents are not permitted to drop students off at trip locations or pick them up early. Please do not ask us to make exceptions.We have learned that too many variables negatively affect the program.
- We will be using the Oakwood vans for morning lessons, reading, and swim team. South Connection will provide transportation only for children that leave from South Connection and return to South Connection. We do not provide one-way transportation. Please be here 30 minutes before lesson times. Children arriving late will miss their lessons. If parents wish to provide their own transportation to morning activities, they must do so round trip. OCC TENNIS LESSONS WILL BE AT ORCHARLY PARK AND HOLLINGER THIS SUMMER. TENNIS PLAYERS WILL BE RIDING DIFFERENT VANS THAN SWIMMERS.
- Oakwood vans will be used for the pool and for a few afternoon trips. Children that are not able to be with the group the entire time will usually do activities at South Connection instead. Anyone that is not prepared for swimming or other trips will most likely remain at South Connection as well. Parents will still be allowed to pick up children from the pool, if they notify a staff member they are leaving for the rest of the day.
- Be sure to purchase your child’s pool pass before June 1ST.
- Inform us of absences, late arrivals, swim meets, and appointments BEFORE 9 a.m. so we can plan transportation. You may leave messages on the answering machine 24 hours a day. (643-9314)
- Please read the newsletters and send in items needed for weekly activities. Accompany your child into South Connection and note field trip times. There will be times when all staff is out.
- If your child is packing lunch, notify a South Connection teacher before 9 am.
- Parents MUST tell us if they need help transporting children to Oakwood’s Reading Intervention Camp. The schools DO NOT give us a list. We will help on days that do not conflict with our field trips.
- We get the OCC lesson list, but please verify your child’s lessons with us.
- We transport students to morning OCC lessons, but rely on OCC staff to supervise and instruct the students. Children should only be signed up for lessons if they are mature enough to follow directions and participate in group classes.
- Transportation to OCC lessons is guaranteed for the FIRST THREE SESSIONS ONLY.
- All children must bring towel, swimsuit, and tennis shoes EVERYDAY. A change of clothing is mandatory after swimming. MARK NAMES ON EVERYTHING.
- Please feel free to remind us of important information. We do have to keep track of many details.