Official meeting minutes are available on Board Docs once Board approved at the following month's meeting.
The following information is compiled from work session and regular board meeting but does not constitute official meeting minutes.
May 9 Work Session
- Curriculum Director Dr. Kimbe Lange shared the Academic Accountability System for Oakwood Schools.
- Treasurer of Record Tiffany Hiser explained the renewal of the Permanent Improvement Levy and what areas are covered with those funds.
May 9 Regular Meeting
April 11 Work Session
- Curriculum Director Dr. Kimbe Lange provided board members with an overview of the curriculum audit process which is very unique to Oakwood Schools.
April 11 Regular Meeting
March 14 Work Session
- Education Services Director Allyson Couch provided board members with an overview of the staffing and hiring procedures that occur each year in Oakwood Schools.
- Mrs. Couch explained the District's role in DREAM (Diversity Recruitment of Educators Association for Miami Valley)
March 14 Regular Meeting
- Meeting Agenda
- Update from the Principal/Superintendent Advisory Board
- Curriculum showcase: Lumberjack Reading List
Feb. 14 Work Session
- Special Education Coordinator Frank Eaton provided board members with information regarding special education services the Oakwood Schools provides and HB436
- Education Services Director Allyson Couch provided additional information about the partnership with South Community and South Connection.
Feb. 10 Regular Meeting
Jan. 10 Work Session
- Dr. Kyle Ramey updated Board members on attendance rates since the return from holiday break. A dramatic increase in COVID-19 cases has occurred in the District since Jan. 3.
- Tiffany Hiser, Gina Samson and Dan Schall presented the Oakwood Schools 10-year financial plan and how it benefits District leaders when creating yearly budgets and making plans for long-term projects. The team also explained the different kind of levies available to schools and how the District is reviewing all financial options.
Jan. 10 Organizational Meeting
Jan. 10 Regular Meeting
Dec. 13 Work Session
- Dr. Kyle Ramey shared with Board members the intent to update the mask protocol at Lange, Smith and Harman beginning Jan. 18. At that time, masks will become optional for students and staff. County and local COVID-19 numbers will continue to be monitored. If there is a marked increase in cases of COVID-19 or other substantial changes in the area, the update in protocol could be put on hold.
- Dr. Ramey shared local vaccine rates for Oakwood zip code based on county information
- Community Relations Director Traci Hale shared the District's Strategic Communications efforts
- Dr. Ramey updated the Board members on security efforts within the District.
Dec. 13 Regular Meeting