Starting Wednesday, March 17, 2021, Oakwood Schools will be revising its quarantine procedures to align with updated recommendations from the Ohio Department of Health and Public Health - Dayton & Montgomery County.
Oakwood Schools will follow these guidelines regarding exposure and quarantine for students and staff.
Oakwood Schools’ students will NOT be required to quarantine following exposure occurring within a classroom environment when ALL of the following conditions are met:
The school has documented COVID-19 prevention policies, including universal mask wearing, social distancing, hand-washing, identification and management of students exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, and routine environmental cleaning and disinfection protocols.
The person with COVID-19 and any associated contacts were wearing face masks covering their nose and mouth at all times.
Social distancing of at least 3' was maintained.
Oakwood Schools’ students and staff will be required to quarantine if:
Exposure occurred between individuals who were closer than three feet and/or not wearing masks.
Exposure occurred during an extracurricular activity, including sports. Students may return to school and activities after a quarantine period of 10 days if they remain symptom free. (Updated March 15, 2021)
All individuals should be monitored for symptoms for 14 days after any exposure. If symptoms occur, the student should immediately self-isolate and the student’s healthcare provider should be contacted.
Ticketing allotments will be provided to each individual student-athlete. There are no plans at this time for ticket sales to the general public as our first priority is to ensure our student-athletes are able to compete in front of their family and close friends. There will be no passes, including staff, senior citizens and league passes. Ticketing allotments will vary by venue and will be communicated to each team.
General Guidelines for Athletic Events Taking Place at Oakwood Schools
Following guidelines from the Ohio Department of Health Responsible Restart for High School Sports
- Face coverings must be worn properly at all times inside and outside of the facility. During physical activity/matches, the athlete may remove his or her face covering.
- All athletes/coaches will be assigned to a designated team bench.
- Athletes and coaches not in the game must maintain 6’ social distancing at all times on the sidelines as well as wear a face covering.
- Athletes and coaches are encouraged to practice good hygiene at all times.
- Athletes must provide their own water.
Pre Event Symptom Assessments
Pre Event Screenings for Coaches and Athletes
- All participants including coaches and athletes must complete a symptom assessment prior to arriving on campus.
- Visiting teams should complete the protocols established in accordance with their school’s policies and procedures.
Pre Event Screenings for Officials, Event Workers & Spectators
- All game officials, event workers and spectators must complete a symptom assessment prior to arriving on campus.
- Any person who does not feel well should not travel to the event.
- Learn more about COVID-19 Symptoms and access a “self-checker” at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html
Self-Assessments are to include:
- Taking of temperature – which must be below 100 degrees.
- Person does not have a cough, sore throat or shortness of breath.
- Person has not experienced any other symptoms associated with COVID-19 including: fever or chills, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea
- Person has not had "close contact" with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
- Ticketing allotments will be provided to each individual student-athlete. There are no plans at this time for ticket sales to the general public as our first priority is to ensure our student-athletes are able to compete in front of their family and close friends.
- Spectators are expected to sit in marked seats only. Family and household members should sit together, socially – distanced from other individuals / family / household groups.
- Seating in groups must be limited to no more than four people who know one another, but members of the same household may be seated together even if there are more than four people.
- Spectators are expected to adhere to the requirements and signage posted throughout the facility.
- No congregating is permitted before, during or after the event.
- General admission standing around fence areas is permitted however social distancing of 6 feet must be maintained at all times.
- All spectators must wear a cloth face covering at all times. Person’s not wearing a face covering will not be admitted. The only exceptions to this policy are the reasons stated in the Director of Ohio Health’s Order for Facial Coverings throughout the State of Ohio, signed July 23, 2020.
Due to ticket allotments being restricted, we will live stream or record and share many home games on OakwoodSchools YouTube channel. Please subscribe to OakwoodSchools channel and enjoy!